The process have been slightly changed from Lollipop, so I’m doing a new version of the guide.
At times this is very needed, esp around updates etc. Esp when you’ve done a factory reset and you still have problems. Seems to be esp useful around battery problems.
A little warning, don’t do this too much and too often as it can possibly mess up the phone more that way. Once in a while is ok.
This is confirmed to be working with M8, M9, Desire 826, Desire 820, etc. Pretty much any HTC phone running Marshmallow.
So, what is a ‘cache partition’?
Temporary storage of system data. It allows the system to access apps more quickly and effectively. Sometimes needs to be cleaned due to being outdated and cluttered. Which in turns makes the system to run more smoothly.
Yes, this is SAFE. You will not lose a single piece of personal content. You will not mess up your phone. It’s very safe and almost mandatory.
Get into bootloader
- Power off phone
- Press and hold Vol down , press power button until you seebootloader (3 happy androids on skateboards at bottom of page). Release vol down.
- Select Recovery by using vol down, press Power to select.
- Wait. This takes a while.
- You will now see a screen with a picture of a phone with a red exclamation mark on it. Press in power button, keep it pressed, and press volume up button shortly (do not keep it pressed). Release power button.
- You will now see a menu with yellow text on-top of it.
- Select Wipe Cache partition with vol down. Press Power to select. Now it wipes the cache partition. Done!
- It should now have marked Reboot system now. Press Power to select. Phone will now reboot to normal mode.