And there it was! The One M9, as most already had seen. But…
That wasn’t all.
Will list the products announced. With some text from HTC. Will of course come back to this topic later on, this is just to get things started.
Text below courtesy of HTC
HTC One M9: Bring Your World to Life
The newest flagship in the globally acclaimed HTC One family, the HTC One M9 is a classic yet timeless celebration of beauty and elegance that combines high style and performance, enabling you to get the most from your mobile phone.
As our Chairwoman, Cher Wang, said: “HTC has built its reputation on challenging expectations in the mobile industry. The HTC One M9 accomplishes this once again with stunning elegance and design, combined with smart features that help bring your world to life, connecting you in a deeper way to the things you consider most important. So much more than just a phone, the HTC One M9 is an extension of who you are”.
- Celebration of design. Building on a three-year pursuit of excellence, the HTC One M9 melds the best of the award-winning HTC One M7 and HTC One M8 into a stunning, iconic design. Distinct metal edges combine perfectly with graceful curves for a jewelry-grade look.
- HTC Sense 7: An extension of you. Highly customizable and intuitively you, with the new HTC Sense 7 experience that comes with Themes that put you at the center of your smartphone experience, act as an always-on travel companion to enrich your mobile life, and an intelligent HTC BlinkFeed that makes it easier to uncover the hidden gems that surround you by using location data to recommend points of interest, news, and information .
- Incredible imaging: Helping you create your best memories. With the best camera being the one you carry in your pocket, your smartphone should make it a breeze to take brilliant, creative and fun images.
- 20MP front camera. The main camera features an incredible 20 megapixels that accentuate every crisp, intricate detail and a sapphire cover lens that protects from scratches. For vivid video that looks like the latest blockbuster, the camera also shoots movies in 4K resolution.
- UltraPixel Front-Facing Camera. The ultimate companion of the impulsive snapper, the HTC One M9 addresses low-light shots with a powerful UltraPixel™ front-facing camera. Dynamic auto exposure and UltraPixels that capture 300% more light than standard cameras deliver sharper, more natural and balanced self-portraits in any lighting conditions.
- Exhilarating audio: The next generation of HTC BoomSound. The HTC One family’s iconic dual front-facing speakers, now combined with 5.1 channel Dolby® Surround sound simulation, get you even closer to the action, delivering extraordinary, cinema-style surround sound. Uniting HTC BoomSound and Dolby Audio™ creates immersion vibrant audio experience, so you can enjoy movies with rich, clear and powerful sound even without connecting headphones or external speakers.
For a standout look, the HTC One M9 will be available with a range of unique and customizable accessories including the second generation HTC Dot View case, which adds more retro personalization thanks to a host of new features and color options. A transparent back keeps your smartphone pristine without hiding it from the world with the case injecting fun into even the most tedious commute by transforming into a mini games arcade. The new HTC Dot View case won’t even get in the way of apps such as Instagram, Snapchat and Badoo with through-the-case notifications alerting you to the latest photos, messages and check-ins.
The HTC One M9 will be available globally in dual-tone silver and rose gold, single-tone gunmetal grey, single-tone gold and dual-tone gold and pink in from mid-March.
More information on the HTC One M9, including a full list of accessories, can be found at www.htc.com/one.
HTC Grip: Serious Performance for Serious Athletes
You’ve been waiting for this since you first heard about our partnership with Under Armour – introducing our first high-performance, smart fitness tracker, the GPS-enabled HTC Grip™. Powered by UA Record, the new health and fitness network from Under Armour designed for athletes and fitness enthusiasts, Grip fuses HTC’s renowned design with powerful, accurate tracking across a range of sports and activities, allowing athletes to set personal goals, then smash them. Compatible with Android and iOS devices1, as well as Bluetooth-enabled accessories like heart-rate monitors, Grip extends its functionality, providing additional performance data to the Under Armour Connected Fitness™ platform.
- Uncompromising design, peak performance. Designed to comfortably support even the most extreme training regimes, the contoured, waterproof band conforms to your wrist without pinching your skin or catching on clothing during workouts.
- Its 100mAh battery lasts up to five hours when the integrated GPS is turned on, enabling Grip to accurately capture route, distance, pace and calories burned, all of which sync with UA Record in real time.
- Stay connected, stay focused. When connected to an Android or iOS smartphone, a simple glance at your wrist allows you to see incoming call and message notifications, without missing a step or interrupting your flow. A clear, 1.8 inch PMOLED display shows your latest real-time stats and provides an easy way to remotely control your music playlist from your wrist.
- Go hard or go home – get inspired with full UA Record integration. The HTC Grip has been designed to seamlessly synchronize performance data with Under Armour’s UA Record, allowing you to access powerful analytics that show the impact of your training along with your social community and exclusive content for an all-in-one digital experience.
The HTC Grip will be available in Deep Teal/Lime at select retailers in North America, beginning in Spring 2015.
HTC Vive: HTC and Valve Partner to Make Virtual Reality Dream Come True
Through a strategic partnership with Valve, HTC promises to transform the way in which consumers interact with technology and the world around them with the debut of HTC Vive. HTC Vive Developer Edition will be launched this spring, with the consumer edition available by the end of 2015.
Vive combines Valve’s Steam VR tracking and input technologies with HTC’s world-renowned design and engineering talent, setting a new gold standard for an industry that has, until now, struggled to move beyond concept stage.
Mesmerizing quality, fully immersive experience. HTC and Valve have introduced a Full Room Scale 360 Degree Solution with Tracked Controllers, letting you get up, walk around and explore your virtual space, inspect objects from every angle and truly interact with your surroundings. Setting a new benchmark for performance, the headset features high quality graphics, 90 frames per second video and incredible audio fidelity.
- We are also introducing new wireless VR controllers that will make you feel one with your virtual environment. The new HTC VR Controllers come in a pair and are designed to be so versatile that they will work with a wide range of VR experiences. Unlike typical game controllers, the HTC VR Controllers are simple and intuitive to use, helping everyone make the most of their experience.
- Gaming and beyond. Beta versions of the Vive Developer Edition have already generated rich entertainment content from some of the world’s top game developers including Vertigo Games, Bossa, Barry –Fireproof, Dovetail Games, Wemo Labs, Google, Steel Wool Games and Owlchemy.
“Our collaboration with HTC is driven by the companies’ shared desire to produce the most compelling and complete VR experience,” said Ken Birdwell of Valve. “Delivering content creators with the Vive Developer Edition is an incredibly important milestone in our efforts to achieve that goal.”