As simple as it sounds, how you add a word to the personal dictionary.
It’s a pretty straight forward process. I find it easier to do it when you need it.
- Long-press button circled,
- Select Google keyboard settings
- Personal dictionary
- Here I selected “All languages” since I want it that way.
- Tap the + sign in upper right hand corner
- Add the word you want to add. If you want to use a shortcut, that you just type when you want that longer word: the shortcut needs to be at least 3 letters long and need to be unique.
- Just type the shortcut and you will see the longer word to the left, just tap to insert into the text.