Or simply DR(H)PM. This is a few recommended things to get you started, go from this and create your own routine.
You’ve got some hints about battery life HERE as well. But, it’s basically just a part of this.
Yes, install updates when they are available.
If you are having problems with your phone after the update like running slow etc, this does not have to mean that the update is bad. That means that you are having issues with your phone. Do a factory reset and wipe the cache partition, this fixes most such issues.
Having issues with USB OTG on Desire 816 after the Lollipop update?
Recommend that you always do a factory reset, and in this case wipe the cache partition.
The regular everyday stuff
- Limit a bit what apps you install, this makes cleaning easier since you clean a bit but not installing every game you see. Which makes Crash Fixing easier, since it doesn’t happened.
- Restart your phone, like a couple of times a week
Once in a while
- Clean your photos a bit as media scanning might get slower if there’s a LOT. And, makes things easier to find. With Sense 6 Gallery app you can make folders and copy things to it.
- Keeping your phone nice and clean is like having a clean desk at home/work, things will just be easy to find and it will be more fun to use it.
- Do you really need that app? Apps that you haven’t used in over a week: remove it, you can always put it back later on it if you REALLY need it then.
- Do a manual clean is the way I prefer. Find your own way. Using the cleanup guide is not such a bad idea, if that is what works for you. On M8: Settings > Storage > Make more space, you’ve got it on both internal storage and external (if you use an micro-sd card in your phone).
- Just use and charge your phone, avoid draining the battery too often as that might damage it.
- Keep your phone clean (on the outside), as it makes it feel and look better.
When needed (if you’re running into problem)
Simply try the easiest first.
Will help Facebook Messenger etc to run better on a Lollipop phone.
You have no Developer options under Settings? Follow THIS
Simply press volume up and power button on One M8 for 10 seconds with phone on and active, it will do a countdown after 7 seconds. And will after that do a nice clean restart. This you use if phone crash as well and just doesn’t respond as well.
Boot into Safe mode
This is simply boots without loading 3rd party things, perfect if 3rd party keyboards etc doesn’t work. Just know that safe mode can mess with personalisation on some Android devices (like folders going away etc). So, before you try: DO know that. Read about it HERE
Wipe Cache partition
A way to get rid of various odd issues with battery etc. Read aboout it more HERE
Battery and Charger Reset Procedure
This recalibrates battery, if battery is slow to charge or just behaves strangely. Start with a phone that got roughly 10% battery left. This will make your hands hurt.
This I don’t see as needed unless you are having SERIOUS battery problems.
- Charge with a HTC charger for at least two minutes, up to 10 minutes.
- While still on charger, hold and press vol up + vol up + power. Press all at once and keep pressed.
- Phone will do a 15 second power on/off cycle.
- After doing this for two minutes, release all buttons when phone is ON.
- Fully charge phone. Doesn’t matter if it’s on or off. It just need to be fully charged.
To simply start over with the phone. This removes all user data and apps installed etc. It will however not revert installed update back to previous version. Just make that you have contacts synced first, as having your contacts on your google account is to recommend. I rarely backup apps etc since they can themselves be the problem.
Edit: on some phones you need to do this TWICE to get the full effect from it. Esp on a Lollipop device.
Read about it HERE