This is for pretty much ANY Android phone, and is a pretty old trick.
You can use most types of sound-files, using mostly MP3/OGG/FLAC myself.
This is done on a regular EU One M8 running 5.0.1/Sense 6.
It’s pretty easy and straightforward:
- connect phone to computer (shown on windows 8 here), open the storage. Memory card if you got one of those in your phone.
- Choose what you want, you don’t have to create all. If you just want custom alarms, just create the alarms folder:
- create folders notifications, alarms and ringtones as separate folders.
- [shown as gallery] Create a folder called Media and in that create a folder called Audio, and under that create alarms, notifications and ringtones
- Copy the sounds you want to use into the folder of choice.
Done right they should show up where you select ringtone. Sometimes you have to restart.
Sounds? you’ve got some HERE