Simply: “The world’s most popular anti-malware technology”
I think that those with a windows computer is familiar with this name and that it have saved myself many times with computers that got malware and other “fun” things.
The world’s most popular anti-malware technology has now gone mobile! Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Mobile protects your phone or tablet from malware, infected apps, and unauthorized surveillance.
• Detects and eliminates malware, including spyware and Trojans
• Scans your apps for malicious code or Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs)
• Alerts you if a link to a malicious website is detected in an incoming text message (SMS).
• Stops unauthorized access to your personal data
• Scans your Android device for security vulnerabilities
• Identifies applications that are tracking your location
That is pretty much what the app does, and that’s more than enough. You can get it to auto-protect, I turned off that myself since I know that it takes a little extra of everything and I just didn’t need that.
This is rarely needed if you are just a little careful with apps and only install them from Play store, but it’s good that the app is around in case things “Happpen”.