I’ve seen this a lot now the last few weeks, and we can start right away with saying that it’s NOT a phone problem but rather problem with the facebook account you’re trying it authorize. Haven’t found a THE solution for it yet, but there’s a few things you can try.
On phone you go to Settings > Accounts & Sync > Remove Account > Facebook. Then go to Settings > Apps > All> Facebook > Clear Data. Update facebook as much as possible in the Play Store app. And add the facebook account back to your phone: Settings > Accounts & Sync > Add Account > Facebook. And try again.
If doesn’t work, then retry the first bit where you remove the account and clear facebook data: and do the following:
Next thing to try is on computer, logged onto the facebook account you’re trying to connect on your phone. This will NOT work on phone as you don’t have those settings there.
Account settings > Apps (on the far left). Where you find “htc sense” and “htc” and remove those. And make sure that it’s set to ON up to of the page..
And add the facebook account back to your phone: Settings > Accounts & Sync > Add Account > Facebook. And try again.
I’ve seen cases where testing with another facebook account works the first time around. So, it’s under “strange facebook bugs”
Edit: this was found on http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one/274490-facebook-bugs-authorize-htc-sense-2.html#post3037874. As I don’t have any problems with facebook at all, it’s hard for me to test it. And thanks to Ahmad for this tip.
1. Remove your Facebook account from the device.
2. Clear data on both Facebook and Facebook for HTC Sense apps: On your phone’s menu, tap Settings > Apps > Swipe to All and scroll to Facebook and Facebook for HTC Sense > tap on each one and select Clear Data.
3. Wipe the Cache partition of your phone. This removes temporary data used to install the applications along with temporary files that might cause conflict. Here are the steps:
– Power off the device. Please select Power off instead of Restart.
Edit: to get One into hboot: do like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlvaMAgtn78
– Press and Hold Volume Down while your device is off.
– Briefly tap the Power button until Hboot appears.(White screen with three android characters)
– Tap Volume Down to highlight Recovery.
– Tap the Power button.
– When you see a screen with a red triangle and an exclamation point hold Volume Up.
– Tap Power this will bring up the hidden recovery menu.
– Tap Volume Down to highlight “Wipe cache Partition”. When selected, tap Power.
– Once “reboot system now” appears, tap Power.
4. On your PC/laptop, Log-in to Facebook and remove HTC Sense from the Apps list: select Settings (little pad-lock symbols), click on more settings > Apps > locate HTC Sense in list and click “x” to remove.
5. Add your Facebook account on the phone through the Facebook app.